Sunday, September 13, 2020

Chapter 3. Rudy #pezoutlaw #hollywood @pezoutlaw

Puddy. Things went this way for a while.

Every day Aunt Lou gave us food to take down to Boomies Castle, to fill the Golden Bowl for in her mind our imaginary friend.

Billie n I would talk with Ghost Dog for a while, then off we'd go for an adventure. Ghost Dog always warned us to be careful cause the Coyotes popped up sometimes kinda sudden n they could be very dangerous.

One day Billie n I were exploring a very deep hole, wondering who might live there. Then all of a sudden the coyotes showed up. We didn't see them at first but knew they were there. They edged up until we were almost in the hole with nowhere to go. One of the coyotes grabbed at me with his mouth, so I jumped back real fast. He got me a little bit but the real problem was I fell into the deep hole we'd been exploring n there was no way I was getting out anytime soon.

That's when everything went nuts. Ghost Dog came flying out of the woods n he was not foolin around. He Yelled at Billie, "You get her outa there n take her home so Aunt Lou can fix her up. I can take care of this until you get away."

There were 3 coyotes n only one Ghost Dog but Billie did what he said. Billie jumped down in the hole reached up to the edge with her front feet, making a bridge so I could climb on her back n get out. Once I'd made it out of the hole, Billie just leaped out of there. We skedaddled towards home, fast as we could.

When Billie n I got home we could hardly breath cause we ran so fast. Aunt Lou told us to settle down n noticed I was bleeding from where the coyote had grabbed me. She asked us what happened. We told her the story n that Ghost Dog saved us but he was not doing so good n needed help fast.

Right then n there Aunt Lou started believing in Ghost Dog, she also started believing all the stories I'd told her about him.

Aunt Lou turned sharply to the hill where Rudy was keeping watch. Aunt Lou's words cracked like a whip when she said. "RUDY, GO DOWN THERE N BRING OUR BOY HOME."


Rudy


This is the part that you had to see to understand. I knew everybody respected Rudy but I never knew why. You see it once n you never question it again.

Rudy started getting up n with each shoulder that rose she seemed to get bigger n bigger. Rudy was a giant dog. When Rudy took off for the woods the ground shook under her feet. Billy n I had to see what was about to happen.

We followed far enough back to be safe but close enough to see. Rudy got to the top of the hill then she went in without saying a word. Ghost Dog was trapped in the middle of those coyotes n they just kept clawing at him cutting his legs.

I never knew coyotes could climb trees but when they saw that giant dog coming at them, that's exactly what they did. The coyotes knew Rudy was very serious that they stop immediately or this was gonna get real bad for them.

Ghost Dog came over by us while the coyotes pleaded. We didn't know he was part of your family. Rudy spoke for the first time since she'd gotten up from her place on the hill. Rudy Said, "Pinky Boy lives at my house n you need to understand that I stand next to him. You pick a fight with him, you pick a fight with me. He yells at you to get out of our woods, believe him. Cause I'm telling you to get out of our woods. Don't make me come down here to remind you."

With that Rudy turned n we all went home. On the way home Rudy said, Pinky Boy are you OK? Pinky said he'd had worse. With Rudy's words Ghost Dog became Pinky Boy. You see Rudy thinks in very simple terms, Ghost Dog to her looked like a little Pink Boy.

On the way home Billie n I grabbed the Golden Bowl from Boomies Castle so Pinky would finally have his own bowl.

Aunt Lou said she thought that was a very nice idea n wrote Pinky's new name on his new bowl.
Pinky finally had a home.

Pinky still goes down to the woods every night where he becomes Ghost Dog once again n reminds the coyotes of Rudy's words of warning.


Authors Note:
I'm not ashamed to tell you I always tear up when I read Rudy's chapter.
The reason I tear up is that this story is based on real life events. 
Again I'd like to say.
There are to many terrorist in the world n not enough story tellers. 
Rudy has passed now n I miss her deeply.

No comments:

Post a Comment